Liz's Lair

Welcome

February 1st, 2018

Bear with me folks. I’m sorting out how this whole thing works. Liz

6 Comments »

1. Gus1234U says

Herro~ 🙂

February 1st, 2018 | #

2. Gus1234U says

👿

it’s always something~! 😀

February 18th, 2018 | #

3. lizardlady says

Gus, i used Lucy and Charlie Brown to try and explain to my T why I didn’t trust my hubby anymore. Hubby was Lucy and I was Charlie Brown. Every tine I believed what hubby said he yanked the ball away.

February 20th, 2018 | #

4. Gus1234U says

Liz, you are not alone, i too was ‘groped’ at age 5, when we moved to the boondocks, across the river from 5 male cousins. they all watched as one of the older ones unzipped my pants and ‘felt me up’. we were down getting water, i didn’t know these cousins hardly at all. i learned faster than them, tho, and they never ‘got me’ again.

none of my rapists were family members, but only because i ran away from home when i was 16 and my dad was really making an effort to get me raped so i would be ‘dirty’ and therefore he could do what he wanted. my mom even got in on it, to punish me for being dad’s ‘favorite’. it seemed to me that everyone in our circle of friends should have been able to see what was going on, but no one blinked. i escaped 5 rape attempts by age 16.

my first sexual experience was ‘date rape’. what a lousy euphemism. those men are predators. i put myself in so many risky situations, and indeed was sexually assualted half a dozen more times by ‘casual acquaintances’, in-laws, boy-friends, even my ex-husband. it seems that once a person has been violated, it’s difficult to avoid. not only does the high risk behavior continue, but there is a ‘psychic target’ on one’s back.

it helped me when i went to a workshop on rape, and the facilitator said she could tell who had been raped by the way they didn’t talk about the subject. she also said that 6 out of 10 women will be raped in their lifetimes. many starting out as young children, and most more than once.

this is a society that devalues women, women’s experiences and women’s safety. i admire you for your decisions to talk about it. i sometimes do, very vaguely, but not often. i don’t feel traumatized by the events, but sometimes my behavior betrays my cool exterior. you have my full support to ‘cuss like a sailor’, i know i do. 🙂

one of the reasons i left this last pdoc (living rurally we get a new one every couple of yrs), was because he truly felt he was empowered and i was not. i simply won’t tolerate that anymore. i filed a grievance against him, and i believe that if i can find the energy, i will pursue it ‘to the bench’. i have been violated by Pdocs far more traumatically than by any sexual assault, and from what i can extrapolate, the effects are very similar. keep up the fight~! :heart:

February 21st, 2018 | #

5. lizardlady says

Gus, thanks for telling your story. And thanks for your support in what I’m doing here.

February 22nd, 2018 | #

6. August Storm says

😕 Liz,, watch out for the backlash~ O.O
    i just found out that some of my ‘family members’ are shunning me for something they think i said 30 yrs ago about childhood abuse…. 😕

March 8th, 2018 | #